Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 19-06-2005 , 12:09 AM

where do i start???

i dont know where to start i am lost... help

# 2 19-06-2005 , 12:40 AM
Subscriber
Um, what exactly do you mean "where do I start"? Do you know the basics of maya (ie. polys,tools,and a little rendering)? If so, then maybe check out one of the chain tutorials here (modeling, texturing, animating) and always remember to pratice pratice practice. But if you have no idea, then I recomend doing all of the free tutorials on this site. Good stuff, especially the cartoon dog tutorial.

# 3 20-06-2005 , 08:35 AM
Subscriber
If you are completely new to Maya, then I'd recommend your first port of call to be learning the Maya interface inside and out. You could also check out some of basic tutorials on this website for learning how to use some very useful tools, such a split poly and extrude face. Then maybe check out the cartoon dog, if you want to get your hands dirty.

:p

LisaG

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/