Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 01-12-2004 , 04:12 AM
HI guys! I finished the model according to what I learned in the Video. First off, The video is amazing, it opened up so many doors for me. Second, Union tool doesn't work at all for me but again, The vid show another method that I've taken a liking to. The model below is in Subdivision and I'm creating the head, hands and feet next.

Thanks to(In order of appearance):
Noanswer41
Kerosene
ereitz
Peltra
....and special thanks to Kurt for his video.lol

My next task after modeling is: Clothes? I think she's embarassed...user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by The15thTitans; 01-12-2004 at 04:49 AM.
# 17 01-12-2004 , 07:14 AM
Subscriber
amazing, simply maya does it again. instant improvement from a simple video. next step for you Titans is to start looking at how those edges flow around the model. Not something that i think the dog tut goes into. The ninja tut is great for human modelling, and the frog tut gave me some real insights into how to keep your polys as quads.

For starters though have a look through the wip's. DJBlazer has a good thread at the mo, which the wire master Jango has contributed to. And Dae has a good male model going in his competition entry. look at the wires there and see how the edges flow around muscles. The lines on the torso shud follow the ribs from the arms downwards, with the bottom part following the lines of the pelvis. eventually they meet in the middle to flatten out, helps to give a nice stomach shape.

Best of luck to ya, and nice work in making the move to polys and sub-d's

# 18 06-12-2004 , 06:16 AM

HHHAAAALLLLPPP!!!!!

Hi guys! I'm on the head now and I need help!!!!!! I was wondering is it better to keep my head in Subvision or convert it to NURBS. I've tried converting it to a NURBS object but I found that it breaks up the isoparms during the conversion. Thus, destroying my vision of a complete, seamless, NURBS object. Oh, and some feedback on the head is nice...

Attached Thumbnails
# 19 06-12-2004 , 06:57 AM
Subscriber
for creating a character in nurbs you can never create a seamless character. You would create the head by making patches.

# 20 07-12-2004 , 04:56 AM
:-( That's rather depressing:-( but If this has a truth value of 1, then I must incorperate this into my method. Thanks for your input, DgAPc.

# 21 08-12-2004 , 05:04 PM
holy shit, a few weeks?! damn dude, you may be messy, but your stuff rocks ! :O

# 22 08-12-2004 , 05:04 PM
holy shit, a few weeks?! damn dude, you may be messy, but your stuff rocks ! :O

edit: can a mod delete this? it somehow was posted twice...

Last edited by Zyk0tiK; 08-12-2004 at 05:10 PM.
# 23 09-12-2004 , 06:58 AM
Thanks Zyk0tiK! I have no school for now and was able to practice night and day. The first week didn't really feel like a week to me because I didn't really sleep regularly. It was more like 2 hours at a time, then I got stuck making a body model, which was when I came here. People on here seem serious enough so I stayed, stayed, and, soon enough as you can see from earlier posts, They helped me out, alot. The only problem I have now is the points system. (I think I have negative $$$) Although the dog tutorial is recommended to anyone who thinks Nurb is everything by me, The really good tuturials are for VIP users. I don't have any money so even a dollar a point is too expensive for me. Knowledge is power, But money seems to be the 364lb bouncer guarding the door. For me, it's back to the try-and-see-if-it-works method. ...and using Maya's built in help. ...and asking people in the forums which is the best thing you can do if you're extremely broke.

Attached Thumbnails