Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 14-10-2003 , 02:12 AM

birail tool

Hello,
I am following the Subaru WRX tutorial but, when he model the mudguard ( https://www.gmask.com/tutorials/wrx_t.../Book023.shtml), I do

not understand as it uses the 2 new vertical curves in order to fix the shape,

since with birail 3+, I can only select the more external curves (the original

curve).
I hope that it is successful to explain my problem and that someone can help me.
Thaks

# 2 14-10-2003 , 03:56 AM
trying to concentrate on the problem but you need to reword it for me please.

# 3 14-10-2003 , 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Jflores
trying to concentrate on the problem but you need to reword it for me please.

I try:

Which curves come selected in order to use the birail 3+ tool?

# 4 14-10-2003 , 01:21 PM
With birail 3+, Select your profile curves first (the vertical ones) and hit enter. Then, select your rail curves (the two horizontal ones) and hit enter again.

Just a little tip: You can look at maya's help line at the bottom of the screen and it will tell you what you need to do as far as selecting (select your profile curves and hit enter)...after you do that, it will then tell you to choose your rail curves. Make sure when you select the curves, you select them in order, same as if you were doing a loft. In other words, select them right to left or left to right -- don't jump around. Hope this helps.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."

Last edited by NitroLiq; 14-10-2003 at 01:30 PM.
# 5 14-10-2003 , 02:25 PM
Thanks NitroLiq, i've understand how the birail 3+ works, but i don't know how can i do to use all the 8 curve(4 vertical and 4 orizontal), following that tutorial.
perhaps I have not understood the explanation

# 6 14-10-2003 , 02:55 PM
Try to experiment a little bit. Select your vertical profile curves, then instead of selecting all four horizontal curves, try just the top and bottom ones and see if that works. If that doesn't work, you could do multiple birails (i.e., after selecting the four vertical profile curves, select the top two horizontals for your rails, move the resulting geometry out of the way....then repeat using the 2nd and 3rd horizontals, and finally, the 3rd and fourth. Then, just attach each piece of resulting geometry. I'm assuming your vertical profile curves have 4 cvs each snapped to each horizontal curve.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 7 15-10-2003 , 03:03 AM
thanks a lot user added image