Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 46 10-12-2005 , 07:26 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
The ears dont look right LOL (just kidding)

Seriously, I think the model could do with some attention around the lips where the teeth are portruding ,as they are sticking out there over the top lip there'd be some sort of indentation where they are compressing together. Just a though seeing as though you are doing a big job here, being a hi res model.

Cheers
Jay

# 47 10-12-2005 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber
This is what I think,, so it really don’t mean much.. But it would look awesome if you tossed in some scars and healed over wounds, the eyes look good but it’s a creature, the eyes should fit its face like a cat, it’s too human looking and maybe a little more leathery looking skin like he has lived in weathered elements for a long time.

# 48 10-12-2005 , 09:25 PM
Subscriber
Jay: dang, I knew I needed to work on those ears! haha
As the topology doesn't support teeth indentations the way I like, I plan on doing those with the displacement map and bumpmap in conjunction. Thanks, though, I may have forgotten it otherwise and had his teeth sticking into his face in the final render haha

R-Tillery: That's a pretty good idea, I'll throw in some light scars when I get a chance. I think I'll keep the eyes, but thanks for the suggestion. I think you're right about the skin, I'll definitely add some more texturing to it. Thanks.

I'll also try to make him look a little less like a candle for the next update.

cheers

# 49 14-12-2005 , 10:02 PM
Subscriber
Hello all,

Afraid that, due to my other finals and such, this is all I got done for the project - which is okay since this is all I was supposed to do anyway.

Anyway, I still don't like the upper lip, there should be more indentations, I'd like to change the color map quite a bit, and the bump could still use some refinement - among other things. Feel free to tell me what you think I should change.

user added image

# 50 14-12-2005 , 11:30 PM
Well done FB!

He looks too "clean" for me.
Add much more wrinkles, spots,lines, express skin bump texture.
teeths looks too thick...give them more volume.
Make color texture more dirty bellow the nose, add some red spots,lighten up color texture.
I would aslo give the neck more old look, more skin folds...bla,bla,bla...I talk too much.

Anyway its very,very nice peace of modeling.You defently got a potencial!

Good luck mate!

# 51 15-12-2005 , 07:32 AM
Subscriber
Hey the eyes are kinda jelly like and trasparent. It doesn't feel solid. Maybe add some thickness to it somehow? It might be the light below the eye lids thats making it appear that way, so maybe add a shadow?

# 52 15-12-2005 , 12:25 PM
Subscriber
Besides the skin still being very shiny, it’s looking better. Maybe more dirt and warn look about him would look better. user added image

# 53 13-01-2006 , 05:14 PM
Subscriber

scars and stuff

I think that some scars and scratches would look cool and add a little more realism to your little orc dude.

My password is ********.
# 54 18-01-2006 , 04:54 PM
great work Funky Bunnies! I just read through your thread. It's looking really good, though I agree that some scars would add some detail. Also, I am just not sure about the teeth. I don't know if it is the way that they are textured or modelled, but at the moment, they just don't sit right. They almost look like he is holding them in place with his lower lip.

I like what you have done so far though. The latest picture that you have posted is really impressive. The bump map is really effective and the colour of the skin is just right.

# 55 18-01-2006 , 10:41 PM
Subscriber
Hmm I'll definitely have to pick this project up again. Sorry I've been gone, I have a deadline soon for a large project so this had to go on hold.

Anyway, thanks for the comments and crits.
I agree about the teeth, arran. They're overall not very good, i'll need to rework them
and I'll touchup the bump and color maps with some scars and such later. I may change the color all together. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to this after my deadline has passed.