Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 03-12-2012 , 08:43 PM

Leopard 2A4M CAN

Been a long time since I've last posted anything here. Been working on a personal project for a bit, its a little slow but trying to get it done.

I'm modeling the Leopard 2A4M CAN. Ever since Canada has acquired the Leopard 2 tanks (A4's from Netherlands and 6's from Germany), I've been interested in those tanks especially with the Canadian variants kinda being like a mish-mash of the A4's to A7's models.

So I tried my luck at building a tank even though I know the treads themselves will be a poly nightmare (I'm not going lowpoly but will try to be conservative with the polycount). Here's a few shots of what I have.

My workflow, isn't exactly organized since I go back and forth with the hull, the armor, suspension, etc. So, any comments are welcome be it harsh or nice user added image!

Cheers!

[Edit] Forgot to mention, I am modeling the tank off the German A4 blueprints and using several reference pics of the Canadian A4's. A bit tough since some parts aren't integrated into the blueprints and have to kind of wing them.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by flip_snip3r; 03-12-2012 at 08:46 PM.
# 2 03-12-2012 , 08:52 PM
The thin red line
Looking good to me I like the fact that you are not going mad with the 3 buttonuser added image............dave

# 3 03-12-2012 , 09:07 PM

Looking good to me I like the fact that you are not going mad with the 3 buttonuser added image............dave

Thanks! I'm beveling for this model, not confident enough with my edge placement and flow to smooth hard surface models.

# 4 15-12-2012 , 03:09 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
great job so far...keep that bevelling up!!

J

# 5 15-12-2012 , 10:00 PM

great job so far...keep that bevelling up!!

J

Thanks Jay! Will do user added image