Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 01-03-2005 , 09:52 PM
that was what I ment. Uniform = constant, homogenuis. I was talking about the skin color, lack of pores or texture and deferent highlights and radiance. No makeup or lipstick. That was not a good chioce of words. sorry.

# 17 01-03-2005 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber
Lol, I thought you meant what she was wearing.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 18 01-03-2005 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber
Hey, its definitely going great so far - very good looking model! Just a couple of small improvements I can think of....

First off, the hair. As has been said, more of this is needed anyway. But the hair you have already got could benefit from varying a little in length - at the moment it appears to have been cut by using a guillotine! And also I don't think the few bits of hair protruding outwards from the left side of her face look very natural at all. They would look much better simply hanging against her face.

Secondly, I think the general shape of the head is slightly off (most noticeable in the view from the front without hair). I don't mean the facial area though, that part seems very good. I just think that the jawline is a bit too defined/wide. Perhaps try and smooth this out a bit and make it look a bit more feminine?

# 19 02-03-2005 , 12:31 AM
MastahUK, good sudjestions. I will tweek her hair a bit.

The jaw was fixed. The main problem was that the ear should have been level with the brow line. It was way to low and the bottom of the ear set the jaw line. When I moved the ear up the bottom of the jaw moved too and that fixed the width issue. The jaw was that wide so it would be even with the ear. With it higher it narrows properly at the bottom. Now everything went a bit more flush and rounded. The other large problem was with the eye. The outer part neaded to be pulled back a bit and with that I was able to smooth around the cheeks so it was not so sharp. Funny how everything is related together and have a few things off a little affect everything else. I will post another front view tomarrow maybe.

# 20 02-03-2005 , 01:21 AM
Um.. i shouldnt be able to see such a defined shadow of each strand of hair in my opinion. Shadow rules the close the light blocking object the crisper the shadow. Farther away blurrier. With hair you would see a slight darkening.. nothing more.

# 21 02-03-2005 , 06:14 AM
I dunno what it is, but they make me think of sex dolls. ...is this normal?

# 22 02-03-2005 , 06:32 AM
twisteddragon33, when I do the final render I will use FG and GI. That will take care of that.

ZykotiK, I do not know. I guess it depends on what you are doing with that model in your mind when you think of her? Haha

# 23 02-03-2005 , 09:28 AM
Subscriber
I really like it m8, great effort. Hopefully sometime soon I may have mastered Maya enough to be able to model and render as well as you are.

Just one question, did she go in for an eye-brow wax prior to having the pic taken? user added image

# 24 02-03-2005 , 06:15 PM

Originally posted by RickStefani
ZykotiK, I do not know. I guess it depends on what you are doing with that model in your mind when you think of her? Haha

Hmmm... I think in the guy model, it was the position of the mouth... and the girl one, I think it's the hair, how it looks like dolls hair with the little patches... user added image

# 25 04-03-2005 , 07:21 AM
Subscriber
its really very very nice! i love her clothes..awsome model.for the hair problem u have to do a uv layout and color the top in photoshop with a hair brush so the base would look more natural

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 26 04-03-2005 , 07:34 AM
Thanks Anita, First compliment on the cloths. Thanks. for some reason guys don't seem to notice. I will give the hair bit a go, once I finish this damb work project. I hope soon I will be able to post that.

# 27 04-03-2005 , 08:09 AM
Subscriber
RickStefani,
Great looking models, how do they work together in the scene?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."

Last edited by mhcannon; 04-03-2005 at 05:11 PM.
# 28 04-03-2005 , 03:39 PM
Here is a rough color comp sketch of what the scene will look like. The mouth on the guy will make more sense.

ZykotiK, the guy model? Who am I to judge. Haha, J/K

Attached Thumbnails
# 29 05-03-2005 , 03:23 AM
you should consider changing the hair rest is all good but the hair ruins it all

https://www.imageocean.net/
Free Photo Hosting!
# 30 05-03-2005 , 07:37 AM
That is the best constructive crit I have ever recieved. You should be a writer.