Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 03-12-2005 , 07:01 PM

HDR Images

I could really use some help. This is probably a basic question, but I can't really find a clear answer.

I want to create an HDR image, but a regular jpeg is 8 bit, and HDR is a lot higher. How do you create an HDR image from a regular picture? Do you have to scan a picture at a large pixel rate?

I have HDR shop (just downloaded it yesterday) and I am having a heck of a time importing a picture because if you just import a regular jpeg it will only be 8 bit. I dont know how to scan one at a higher rate?

Any help would be awesome. Thanks so much guys!

# 2 05-12-2005 , 11:36 PM
I don´t know about hdri yet. but if it´s only about the bits why do not convert it to targa with 16/24/32 bit per pixel?

..this was of no help, right?

# 3 06-12-2005 , 09:50 AM
Have you got photoshop? think that might be able to convert it over for you

# 4 06-12-2005 , 01:57 PM
I do have photoshop, I didn't know you could convert it over. I will check it out. Thanks for the suggestion guys.

# 5 19-12-2005 , 09:31 PM
thank you, ill try to remedy that problem, i did not realize it did that as the first time i just used basic colors. but then when i added custom textures they ended up missing and i was scratching my head.. i had assumed maya kept all the info it needed in the scene.

maya works
# 6 20-12-2005 , 07:14 PM