Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-07-2003 , 09:54 AM

maya on os x

hi

i wish it was working as good as on irix. some tools are just not working as they should (comparing to irix version of maya). and why the hell my side view is changing into a front view? it happens very often... so i have two front views user added image

can anyone help me? im working on a cad visualisation at the moment so it's preatty annoying

Os 10.2.6, Maya 5

regards,
v.

# 2 25-07-2003 , 08:49 PM
That happens all the time here at work too m8, as well as our keyboards stop working as well.

We called Apple, they say talk to Alias.
We called Alias, they say talk to Apple.

...figuresuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 28-07-2003 , 08:20 AM
dohhh... >user added image i think ill wait for my g5... than ill learn maya... maybe it will work better...

v.

# 4 28-07-2003 , 03:59 PM
We just went to Dell, and a few killer homebuilt pc's and now we have ZERO problems, and saved a LOT of cash in the process...

Plus Maya is running so fast now compared to our "new" dual g4's, that after my boss got to go to a Maya-Dual 2gig G5 test at a local company here in MN, they had one of our new Dells and one of our homebuilts next to it, and out of the box, the G5 was slower.
ONLY by a miniscule hair tho... so it looks like Apple has a competitive machine now.

..only problem was that it cost the demo company $6500.00 US to get ituser added image
(Dual 2gig G5's with 4 gigs of ram)

So, needless to say my when my boss heard that price-per-performance ratio, he almost threw up, and came back to the shop, and said that from now on, our Maya machines will always be on PC's untill Apple can be more competitive in price as well as performance.

So I am happy as a clam nowuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 5 30-07-2003 , 08:21 AM
hehe user added image cool for the answer ragecgi.
imho 2gig of ram is enough under os x. new apple os plays with memory very well.

one PRO for the PC is that u can get a really fast and good graphic card. with mac u cant.

well... even that i must say that ill buy a g5 (am os x fan user added image ).

i can bet that Panther (os 10.3) will make g5 even faster.

can u email me at vertiis@immortal.com ? i would like to talk with u about the custom pcs/dell stations. i think ill need a pcs for xsi/rendering.

regards,
v.

# 6 30-07-2003 , 01:37 PM
Subscriber
Weird why your keyboards stopped working m8 - I have never had that problem on me Mac or PC for that matter user added image

I am thinking of getting a g5 as I am an OSX fan too, but I'd rather have a hands on first before I part with me cash. Then again I might save dough and build me own PC!

Rage baby perhaps you could tell us the specs on your killer home made PC's. Are they duals? What kinda graphics cards?

BTW I have hung up me platfom war gloves - I got bored telling everyone how good a Mac was -user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 7 30-07-2003 , 02:54 PM
No probs guysuser added image

Yeah, I must say first off that the G5 that I saw blew me away because I've been using these slow dual g4 for so long... user added image

Not at all sure of the dell specs, as they aren't back from the show yet... but I will post details asapuser added image

Personally, I'm going to wait to see pricing for a dual AMD Opteron / mobo combo myself....

But if you are interested in Dell products, you can customize, and price-out your own machine at thier site for free.

Or call them like my boss did.

Good folks that we talked to, tho I've heard good and bad things about thier support.
Tho we have internal support here on site with our IT staff.

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com