Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-07-2008 , 07:55 AM

Manipulator problem

hello, so I have been working on a mesh for a while, and I must have done something wrong, because the manipulator tool is now SLIGHTLY rotated. I have attached a picture which I hope explains the situation.

basically you can see how the rotation axis is slightly off, but the channel box shows 0's.

then I move the origin to the edge (which is lined up perfectly) and duplicate with -1 X, and I end up with a duplicate that is rotated!

Any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails

"On the other hand... the early worm gets eaten."
# 2 11-07-2008 , 09:47 AM
Subscriber
did you freeze transformations and then delete history?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 14-07-2008 , 04:32 AM
Yep, I actually ended up just rebuilding the mesh from scratch, that was faster than trying to figure out the problem. i guess its just a lesson in "backup often and save multiple versions"

"On the other hand... the early worm gets eaten."