Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-11-2003 , 05:29 PM

Problems extruding faces

Hi, I am an animation student and new to the forum. I been working in Maya for a few months and lately I been having problems when I extrude faces. I check the box to keep the faces together but everytime I re-use the tool it resets to unchecked. It is not an real problem but when I am modeling it gets kind of annoying to have to go back to the attributes editor to check the box again. I would appreciate if anyone has any info. Thanks

# 2 06-11-2003 , 07:01 PM
I had the exact same problem, if you do what you said and then hit save preferences in the file menu, I think that might sort it user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 06-11-2003 , 08:00 PM
Subscriber
Ok you need to set this option to default. Go to Modeling menu set / polygons/tool options/ keep faces together. check this option and it will be set as default all the time.

Also take note of the keep faces planer option that comes in handy sometimes.:p

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com

Last edited by 3djoe; 06-11-2003 at 08:02 PM.
# 4 06-11-2003 , 08:12 PM
# 5 07-11-2003 , 06:09 AM
Thanks for all your input it finally work, now I can model in peace!
GRX78