Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 12-01-2004 , 05:31 PM

Fillet not working for me

I am using the Gnomon training DVD. On the DVD I am shown how to make a circular fillet, but I can't get mine to work. I am trying to join two NURBS cylinders at 90 degrees to make a T. I push one inside the other, I make sure the Normals are pointed out, I select both of them. I reset the Circular Fillet and Hit Fillet. I have tried Local and Global, and I turned it down to .05 as the DVD stated.

I see a Fillet ikon in my Outliner, but I see no fillet on the NURB cylinders. I have a center pivot point for it, but nothing is there. I tried changing most of the fillet options, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Kori

Last edited by diamondx; 12-01-2004 at 05:35 PM.
# 2 12-01-2004 , 08:43 PM
Subscriber
read the script editor after u do the filet, and see if it failed. make sure surfaces intersect...
be a bit more specific too in the problem u r having
good luckuser added image

# 3 13-01-2004 , 12:41 AM
I found the problem. I had end caps on my NURBS cylinders, and the Circular fillet tool will not work with end caps, not even one. So I have learned. My Gnoman Training DVD did not tell me, damn them. But some good did come out of it. I will never forget this modeling tool, ever.

Kori