Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-09-2009 , 01:52 PM

creating geometry on a curve

Hi!

I know that there is a command in Maya which lets you build up geometry by only having a cv or ep curve. I have the curve, select it and then my geometry will follow exactly the curve. Cannot find the command anymore.

Can you help me out, please?

Greets, kimsay

# 2 23-09-2009 , 05:58 PM
Subscriber
If you have a curve and select it, then holding shift down select a face - hitting extrude, will extrude the face along the curve.

Is this what you mean ?

# 3 23-09-2009 , 06:44 PM
Hi!

Thanks for your reply! I know that feature but it is not what I mean. It was more like having a curve and having a geometry, a zylinder for example. And then the cylinder gets bend like the curve.

Cheers, kimsay

# 4 23-09-2009 , 07:07 PM
EduSciVis-er
Are you talking about a deformer? In the animation menu set you can create various bend and twist deformers.