Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 19-05-2005 , 05:27 PM

per object blur

I thought I recalled that in Maya you could override an object's motion blur settings so that while the rest of the scene only blurs by 1 frame (for example), you could set an obkect to blur by 3 frames.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Can you remember where this setting is?

Thanks.
-dann

# 2 19-05-2005 , 08:34 PM
Subscriber
If I understand correctly the per-object motion blur is simply an on/off state, either on object is blurred or it isn't. You would use the this reduce rendering calculation for objects that don't move or have very minor movement.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 19-05-2005 , 10:49 PM
Hmmm. I might be thinking of Studio Max. That has a setting where you can set the blur by frame value per object. I know you can do almost anything in Maya, and I'm sure there must be a way to do this, I just have to find it. I really don't want to render separte passes, but I will if I have to.

# 4 20-05-2005 , 10:00 AM
it's not under the render stats of the object is it? there is an option there that says: "max visibility samples override". I can't seem to find a way to turn it on right now thouhg .

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB