Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-07-2011 , 01:28 PM

My Dream Office - Dango

I didn't get to finish the last challenge due to a lack of time (Congrats to those that finished, and to the winners), if I get time Ill give this one a try.
I'll be going for the literal context of the challenge name, an office space that has everything I need for my art, both 2d and 3d, and that works in a functional way that makes working easy and comfortable.
Plus I might add in some cool decorative bits like models, plants and pictures etc.
Hopefully Ill actually manage to finish this time too, good luck to all that join in.

# 2 26-07-2011 , 02:16 PM
Very cool, and Good Luck :-) !

# 3 28-07-2011 , 12:46 AM
sounds interesting.. lets see..

# 4 28-07-2011 , 05:47 AM
Lifetime Member
Go Dango!!! hope you have the time to get one in

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 28-07-2011 , 01:05 PM
Cheers guys,

I'm starting off slow at the moment, just going to model all the art equipment my office needs, started off with this very plain looking A3 scanner. I'll fiddle about with it and make it look a bit sleeker sometime. Want to keep it simple at this stage, not sure how much stuff might end up in this scene.
Back to the drawing board for now.....

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 28-07-2011 , 03:57 PM
A very nice looking 3D scanner :-) !

Don't forget, this is a 'Dream Office,' so would you want a normal scanner in it, or a 'Dream Scanner' ? user added image . Like maybe a HUGE scanner, so you could scan giant files, or a scanner that could scan large paper files and objects (scan toys user added image ), or even a laser scanning device (laser set-up for scanning papers, objects, people, animals, etc. ) Just an idea, as is your scanner model is excellent!

# 7 28-07-2011 , 09:41 PM
Subscriber

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 8 28-07-2011 , 09:45 PM