Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-03-2005 , 02:08 PM
Subscriber

Looking for programming help.

Hello all,

My uni course is now trying to teach me C instead of Java I did for a few years. The comp sci department has loads of Sun / Unix/ Linux machines that they are pushing us to use to write and compile C code.

The only problem being, that I cant really get up to uni that easily, and I'm not a huge fan of the Sun / Unix / Linux world.

I would really really like to to my work on my PC running windows at home.

Could people post suggestions for windows based C enviroments?

I have heard that .NET could do the job, but whenever I try and look up a descritption of the software I get bombarded with business jargon and bullshit - "Visual Studio .NET 2003 offers a highly productive environment in which to develop a broad range of Microsoft .NET—connected applications and technologies." etc etc.

So anyone with an idea for a simple windows based C compiler please let me know!

p.s just to point out, since this is a simple course we are doing plain C. Not C+, C++ or C#

Cheers user added image

# 2 06-03-2005 , 05:23 PM
I would recommend Dev-C++. It's small, fast and simple. It uses the free GCC-compiler (thats bundled) Get it at https://www.bloodshed.net/

And C+ is not a language...

# 3 06-03-2005 , 09:06 PM
I would highly recommend Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, as this is the best out there. However, as DJ said, Dev-C++ is a good free one. But if I was you, I'd definately go with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.user added image

# 4 11-03-2005 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber
Visual studio, def.

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/