Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 21-04-2005 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber

Bunny Project

Well first of all, ima newb and debated wheter or not to post this in the newb section. But hey, even if I suck you can look, hopefully. But anyways, this is the blink-182 bunny. They have kinda strayed away from the rabbit kid theme but I still like it. Lots of comments are welcome. I think that this will also be my step into rigging. Right now its made mostly out of nurbs. All except the shoes. Oh I know I haven't made the hands yet and that thing floating is a carrot. Now I have a question, should I model the rabbit in a standing pose to make rigging easier?

Thx,
-Ryan

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 21-04-2005 , 08:31 PM
Subscriber
More pics, no progress.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 21-04-2005 , 08:32 PM
Subscriber
Another one, still no new stuff.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 21-04-2005 , 08:33 PM
Subscriber
Finally, the ref pic im using.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 21-04-2005 , 11:29 PM
Subscriber
OK, now I have another question. Its about the arms, I was wondering if it would be better if I made them all together as one? Including the hands and stuff. Would that eventually help with the riggging?

# 6 22-04-2005 , 01:23 AM
Subscriber
Most certainly. If you plan on rigging it, then you are going to have to make sure you combine all the parts together correctly. With this done, the body can deform a lot easier.

EDIT: If you are going to rig then you might want to model it in a t pose.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 7 22-04-2005 , 05:43 AM
Subscriber
dude you rock!
Awesome bunny user added image
I miss blink user added image

# 8 22-04-2005 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber
Wow, thx everyone for the feedback. I will try to model it in a T pose, because I really am trying to get a foothold in the rigging style. Also thx for the compliment, right back at you, your head project was some great work. Anyways, hopefully this project will turn out good. Oh, and I miss blink also. Have you heard the rumors lately? First the bcr site went down, and now its back up. And on top of that, Mark and Travis are starting a new band with a girl, they call it pluss-44. They said that Pluss-44 will be more electronic than blink, but still, Ill take what I can get. But for some reason there really isnt any stuff on tom's status. Weird, he was usually the talkitive one. But once again thx.

PS. I will probably try to draw some reference images of the rabbit in a T pose.