Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 25-08-2010 , 08:20 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Well... I got some sculpting done, haven't subdivided it yet... still blocking in some forms. Was at work yesterday for 13 hrs, so I didn't feel like do anything but sleeping when I got back at 23:30

https://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o...reenie_002.jpg

No real work done yet. Still have the legs to block out properly.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 32 25-08-2010 , 08:28 PM
The thin red line
Thats looking nice Steve
Are you working from referances for this, is there a anatomy book you could recomend as I would realy like to model like you, I know it must have been a lot of hard work to get were you are..............dave

# 33 25-08-2010 , 09:14 PM
Lifetime Member
Lookin good steve.......13 hours!! you sound like me...then everyone wonders why you are tired LOL.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 34 26-08-2010 , 12:22 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
knowing you steve in the next few weeks this will turn into awesomeness.
Do you have a tablet cause i tried building everything from zspheres with a mouse and it was a total mess, i think ill do most of the modelling in maya

# 35 26-08-2010 , 12:39 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Dave, My favorite anatomy book of ALL time is Burne Hogarth's 'Dynamic Anatomy'... Linkage

Other than that book, and another one by Burne. I find most of my reference online. Whether it's bodybuilders or MMA fighter, there's tons of reference out there.

Bullet, cheers, yeah it was just a one-off bit of overtime... couldn't turn it down.

Murambi, Yeah at the moment I use a Wacom Graphire4 that my parents got me for my 18th birthday... that was few years ago though... I'm actually looking to get a new Wacom intuos4 now (courtesy of above-mentioned overtime user added image )

Cheers.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"

Last edited by Mayaniac; 26-08-2010 at 12:41 AM.
# 36 26-08-2010 , 01:25 AM
Lifetime Member
At least you are using your overtime money wisely mate....some people pee it up the wall. Glad to see you arent one of them!

Cant wait to see more mate...your skills are outstanding, I will have to learn this Zbrush or Mudbox...it looks so cool.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 37 26-08-2010 , 10:57 AM
this is lookin very impressive indeed. user added image

# 38 26-08-2010 , 03:46 PM