Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-09-2006 , 03:13 PM

Trubble on the Extrude Face or Edge

Please explain me why i get double vertex on Extrude, it is an error on the program, or a Wrong setting?
I have a model that works on the conversions, but When i Extrude faces and edges, i get double vertexes on the same edge. EX: what appears to be a single edge, in fact are 2, with 4 vertexes.
I reffer to the Dog free tutorial part 4, mouth interior, in the tutorial the things work different.
Can anyone illuminate me?

Whe i convert the poligon to subD i get the next error:

// Error: polyToSubdiv1 (Poly To Subdiv Node): Cannot create subdivision surface as the resulting surface would have more base mesh faces (1041) than the maximum allowed (1000).
// To increase maximum allowed, change Maximum Base Mesh Faces in Convert to Subdiv Options. //

Thanks very much.

# 2 08-09-2006 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
maybe its thins setting

go modelling -> polygon ->tool options-> keep faces together (make sure its ticked)
however u will need to re extrude these paerts

for the sub d

go modify convert-> poly to subd option box -> and change Maximum Base Mesh Faces to like 1500 this should allow u to convert if the message comes up agin try a higher value

hopethis helps

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 09-09-2006 , 11:56 AM
Thanks very much.
That was it, so simple that i got to hide somewhere.
All ok now.