Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-11-2003 , 11:49 AM

Attribute editor in 5.0

Hi guys

Annoying problem. In the good old 4.0 days the Attribute Editor always opened in a 'separate' window.

In 5.0 / 1 it opens in the right side, the same place where the Channel box appears.

Do anyone know how to change these 'settings / preferences.' ?

Thanx

# 2 26-11-2003 , 11:57 AM
You can change it in the Interface section of the Preferences window (Windows > Settings/Preferences > Preferences). user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 26-11-2003 , 12:34 PM
Hi Danny

Thank You for replying

Unfortenaly, i can not find the 'Interface' section in preferences menu set.

The only thing i can find, is a 'tick box' under UI elements where i can turn on and off the "visible UI elements", but that do not change the setting with the Attribute Editor opening where the channel box appears.

What am i doing wrong!??

# 4 26-11-2003 , 12:46 PM
In the Preferences window, click on the word "Interface". That will bring up the General Interface Preferences section. From there, you can then set the Attribute Editor to open in a separate window or in the main Maya window.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 5 26-11-2003 , 12:49 PM
Danny.....

....i am blind, and i love you!

Thanx a lot!