Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-10-2004 , 06:02 AM

Need "Basic" Tutorials

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a good "Getting Started" download tutorial for Maya, I need to learn and master Modeling techniques and texturing, and I need something very Basic starting from the "Beggining" if possible.

# 2 05-10-2004 , 06:06 AM
A good place to get started would be the help files that come with Maya. Press F1 on your keyboard and go through the getting started tutorials.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 05-10-2004 , 07:40 AM
Subscriber
Try d/ling the PLE from Alias, and doing the tut in there. It is thorough. Even I understood it. Still haven't completed anything I'm willing to show but, getting there. It is enough that I understand what is being said in most of the threads here.

good luck to you.

t3

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.
# 4 06-10-2004 , 12:57 AM

Thank You

I just wanted to say thank you both for the ideas, I've been trying to download, "Learning Movies" and Tutorials from the internet but I just downloaded the Maya PLE and I was wondering if there was a way to get maybe a limited version of Maya 6 like the "Unlimited" version, with cloth, fur, fluids etc...?

# 5 06-10-2004 , 02:47 AM
Subscriber
I have no idea. However, it might be a good idea to ask on the alias site.

Here: Alias

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.
# 6 06-10-2004 , 02:57 AM
There is presently no demo version of Maya Unlimited nor any way to actually test out those features.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job