Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-11-2002 , 01:52 PM
Kevin

mac users: converting .wmv to avi?

any of you guys know of a good piece of software that will do this, as we have a mac user in the vip area that is having trouble viewing the movies.

or any mac user downloaded the hand tutorial and found a way to stop the movie stuttering?

mac users...i need your help user added image

many thanks

# 2 02-11-2002 , 04:09 PM
Kevin
bump user added image

# 3 03-11-2002 , 12:07 AM
Subscriber
Hi,

I'm a VIP member and have had problems viewing the tutorials using the Mac. Unfortunately Microsoft has done a very poor job of implementing the media player for the mac especially under MacOSX and under version 9 to, causing the video and audio to be completely out of sync i.e about 1 minute out of sync in some cases, making the tutorials unusable in there current state.

So what I do is convert them to AVI using a program called STOIK which is for the PC, So I use virtualPC. As the AVI is a lot bigger than the WMV movie I then convert them to MPEG 4 to reduce the size. All this is unfortunate as the WMV is a very good format. But until Microsoft addresses these issues then this is the workaround i have developed to help me watch these very good tutorials.

Hope this helps in some way

# 4 03-11-2002 , 12:20 AM
Subscriber
Just a suggestion, how about encoding the tutorial movies using DIVX which can be easily be played on the mac using a program called VLC and many programs on the PC. Kevin if you want any help with this just let us know and I can either let you know what would work with the mac or test them out for you.

# 5 03-11-2002 , 03:06 AM

Originally posted by Ian
Just a suggestion, how about encoding the tutorial movies using DIVX which can be easily be played on the mac using a program called VLC and many programs on the PC. Kevin if you want any help with this just let us know and I can either let you know what would work with the mac or test them out for you.

I would have to agree with the DIVX format, or if you want to go further you could go with Apple´s Quicktime format. There´s no workaround around that one, and it can be seen on whichever platform you want. I for instance try to download all reels in Quicktime, they seem to have a nice quality to them.

# 6 03-11-2002 , 10:29 AM
QT would be nice. I have no clue what are they using to create them for example at www.totaltraining.com but the file sizes are small and the picture/audio quality is very nice. One other neat thing about qt movies is that they can be rewinded without a hitch which isn't the case with wmv or divx.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!