SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Programming / creating a particle grid on plane or otherway round.

Programming MEL Scripts, Expressions & Programming Related Topics

Join the conversation. Reply to post

19-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
bendingiscool
Subscriber

creating a particle grid on plane or otherway round.
Hey guys,

Was wondering how would I go about either setting a particle grid to be made on the position of a plane or have a plane be created at a particle grids postion?

I am guessing it goes along the basis of finding the particle grid's position at setting it up that way but am pretty stuck where to go from there. I can get a particle ID's postion by using the 'getParticleAttr' command and specifying the first particle, but am not sure where to go from here.

Many thanks in advance,
Chris
19-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
gster123

If you've got the particles position in space where you want the plane to be then stick that into a attribute and use it to be the position of the plane (using Xform or move)
19-05-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
bendingiscool
Subscriber

Thanks for the speedy reply gster! However I am still fairly new to mel so am not sure how I would go about doing that and in which order, please enlighten lol.

Chris
19-05-2008, 11:33 PM   #4
gster123

If you use the getParticleAttr so that it contains the data that you want, just have that as the position of the plane, as I aint got maya open it might be some thing like this.

move -a `what you want to do here so its XYZ positions` objectname ;

Theres a probably a more elagant solution to it...