Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-02-2007 , 07:25 PM

concatenating input output madness

Something I never really understood about Maya. If I have a poly, then a material and I add a planner. I can add my texture no problem. But lets say I don't want a planner now I need a cylindrical. If I add it the planner is still there. Same thing If I need to adjust my cylindrical, since I don't know how to adjust my cylindrical positioning I have to add another. Some times I could have on the order of 27 connection strung along my poly. Understanding that my main problem here is understanding but how can I delete an input or out put. If I use the connection editor and select remove nothings removes. Again I understand my problem here is just learning Maya, but it is a rather large program and I have to start somewhere. Tutorials and simplymaya are all I have for now, until I can afford better.

thx in advance..

Last edited by ulaoulao; 04-02-2007 at 08:05 PM.
# 2 05-02-2007 , 01:05 AM
Im a bit confudsed to what your asking??

If you want to see all the connections and delete the ones you dont want have a look in the hypergraph, there you can see all the inputs and output nodes and delete them as you want.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 05-02-2007 , 01:42 AM
Some how you interpreted me correctly. This is what I needed. Many thx,.