Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 10-05-2005 , 04:57 PM
You can do a lot right inside Maya and paint (not just colors, but any kinds of maps) directly on your model. Take a peek at the MayaBasics dino texturing tutorial, it helped me a lot.

# 17 10-05-2005 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber
Fantastic model.

Anyway, as for the texturing, I would advise going quite a bit darker (and perhaps not as green, add some blue?). Obviously you will probably be after more detail, just build on that when you are comfortable with certain principals (colour, markings etc)

I don't see that it looks really terrible, you have to start somewhere, just keep going. I do quite like the colour changes at the start of the flippers, you should certainly keep that going. Hope this helps. Again, well done on the superb model.

# 18 11-05-2005 , 08:35 AM

# 19 11-05-2005 , 08:57 AM
# 20 11-05-2005 , 09:01 AM

You can do a lot right inside Maya and paint (not just colors, but any kinds of maps) directly on your model. Take a peek at the MayaBasics dino texturing tutorial, it helped me a lot.

Like this?

https://home.wanadoo.nl/voorweg/7.jpg

# 21 14-05-2005 , 07:44 AM
wow youre already at texturing?! keep up the good work! now show us some updates! user added image

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 22 28-05-2005 , 04:59 PM
nice modeling! yeah show us some textures hehe maybe some scales? =)

Ipso Facto Meenie Moe... MAGICO!!!
# 23 03-06-2005 , 06:45 PM
Senior Software Developer

Originally posted by metallicjet66
we'll see whose is betteruser added image *coughs....coughs.........yours....coughs.....coug hs................................................ .................................................. ......***

ROFL Metal, peeded My pants (didnt wanna say pissed)...

OOOppppppsssssss :headbang:

Frank.

Your model looks very good I like it lots good luck pal.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 24 04-06-2005 , 08:41 PM
Scales hehe. Well it's BIG. I can't see my grid anymore and I am having some trouble with keeping my background in scene.

I haven't done much since the last post because of some exams at school. But now I've got vacation so a lot of time to get my texture better and to make a good start with the rest of the scene.

I want to create a scene in wich the monster is chasing some fish who came to near to his dark home. I've made a small start with that but it's not going very well...... yet.

https://home.wanadoo.nl/voorweg/A5.jpg

# 25 05-06-2005 , 12:05 PM
I would suggest to rearrange the sizeContext of monster- and-background/environment. at the moment the creature appears to be the size of a sea horse. that's because of the seagrass on the ground I guess.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 26 06-06-2005 , 05:51 AM
Subscriber

nice job

Hi Frankenstein,

You're doing a great job. It really looks smooth. I wonder if it wouldn't be better to make the background lighter so we could see more of his details.

Keep it up!

Drought

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --Thomas A. Edison