Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 09-12-2008 , 10:07 PM
LOL...that's killer and would be a fun one to animate I'd wager, especially with his colorful vocabulary. Nice work, Jay!

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 17 10-12-2008 , 12:21 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Thanks Pete

yeah it would be an absolute blast to do this one, I'd love to do the voice LOL

cheers
Jay

# 18 10-12-2008 , 02:51 AM
Super Moderator
Sure looks like him, great job. Murambi, that Hooch was a prick wasn't he? "Mah spuds.." lol

- Genny
# 19 10-12-2008 , 10:24 AM
Thanks Gen

glad you like, and dont worry Hooch has got it coming, that prick!! LOL

Jay

# 20 10-12-2008 , 10:42 AM
Subscriber
awww, i'm gonna miss him... everyone should be as rude and mean as him and have such bad teeth

yeah i'm kidding :p

how long does it take to render out one page?

also... trying not to take this offtopic... how did you do the hair?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 21 10-12-2008 , 11:03 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
other than villains who beat up women i tend to fall in love with them:joker, aizen(those who watch bleach)

i must say jay you now have me hooked on outlaws most animators have fantastic artwork but pathetic story lines you have mastered balance on both common give us another pageuser added image

Last edited by murambi; 10-12-2008 at 11:13 AM.
# 22 10-12-2008 , 12:14 PM
Chirone:

Yeah me too LOL. Each page is time dependant from my end especially if Im busy with other stuff. But also page content varies so that will have an impact as well, I can get a page done in a week with 4 panels but I tend to spend nearly two weeks as Ive gotten real fussy with the renders etc, Im now doing render passes so I have more control over the final look and Im also using mental ray shaders more often too.

If you mean Hooch's hair, its all done in Paintfx to get a base render for lighting and lighting direction, but I end up using PS to make it look better, I have several good hair brushes that I use for him. Because they are stills I can use this approach and not worry about hair collision etc with other objects. The hair for the others are all poly caps with PFX strands here and there, Eye brows are PFX too, those were a bit of a mission to setup but look fine, Im hoping to get shave and haircut plugin in the future to optimise the looks of newer characters.

Murambi:

I think if the villain is good then the rest should follow suit. It also makes the hero even better as sometimes they can be quite 2 dimensional, and lack any substance. Hopefully theres plenty of substance for the hero of Outlaws.

Thank you,although Im more of a visuals type of guy Im very, very wary of the story and how it plays out. Theres alot to come in outlaws, back story, things like that but also character nuances, which are vital to these types of things. Also I must say Im not an animator at all, its not my area, Im more a modeller texturer dude with a more generalist approach, Ive only ever animated a camera in a production and that was at my last job, the rest of the time Im the modelling guy in the studio.

I agree with the lack of story etc that alot of animation and even big movies lack nowadays, a good example would be the Star Wars Prequels, as visually beautiful as they were characters like Obi Wan Kenobi just dont dont compare as to how he was played out in the original movies and his screen time was far less

anyway nuff said

cheers
Jay

# 23 10-12-2008 , 01:23 PM
Subscriber
i was actually refering to ramsey's hair but i still got a good answer out of you user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 24 10-12-2008 , 03:30 PM
LOL ahh well thats done with the power of Voodoo.

Jay

# 25 10-12-2008 , 05:57 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
nway what i meant was a villian who almost seems imposible to defeat makes the hero/protagonist's victory even the more enjoyable dont tell me hooch is without any weapons/abilities coz he seems at a disadvantage cmon give as a spoiler(yes im one of those fans)

# 26 10-12-2008 , 06:24 PM
Wow.. very cool... love it..

https://www.stevenpalomino.com
# 27 10-12-2008 , 07:58 PM
Murambi

No spoilers, anyway this a warm up for later on down the line

J

# 28 10-12-2008 , 08:43 PM
Sweet model Jayuser added image

I only have 2 words to say:

"****ing Delicious". hehe..

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 29 10-12-2008 , 11:53 PM
Rage

big thanks man..

best

Jay

# 30 11-12-2008 , 12:25 AM
no probuser added image

I'm such a GR fan, and he says that all the time at the end of his recipe shows, lol.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com