Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-11-2007 , 11:51 AM

Marbles

I modeled some marbles today. C & C welcome.

Attached Thumbnails

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 02-11-2007 , 02:48 PM
Subscriber
The color is quite off. They don't look like solid surface marbles. Try making the glass show more and less glowing of the color.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 3 02-11-2007 , 03:45 PM
Subscriber
The background and floor shaders are nasty man lol, just put something more subtle on them.

Chris

# 4 02-11-2007 , 04:14 PM
i kind of like the background and floor shaders - nice and abstract and crappy eighties looking in a good way.

the textures and inside geometry of the bag are looking pretty poor though and the marbles don't really look like marbles to me - they seem too reflective and look like they're glowing.

Last edited by arran; 02-11-2007 at 04:27 PM.
# 5 04-11-2007 , 03:00 AM
Acid44
i like it... its cool lookin but i agree with gohan... they dont look solid to me they kinda look like globs of reflectiony awesomeness... i dont know what im talking about either so dont ask... anyways i like it...user added image

# 6 04-11-2007 , 05:53 AM
not bad. I don't like the "glowing" of the light blue one..it just looks a bit odd man out.

The bag need a bit more work. It looks like you just grabbed some CVs and pushed it in...push it more so it looks like a bag, it looks more like a "cone" to me.

Plus - I think you really need to have Shadows. this one lacks some...the bag, some of the marbles...if there's shadows, it will look more realistic that it's on the funky shaders (which I like)...but right now it just looks flat.