Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 20-01-2003 , 04:13 AM

Merging an edge i think...

Lets say I have a polygon sphere. (Easyer to explain with) I go in to Face mode, and cut one half of the sphere off. How can i make the side where I cut the shere, be a face, so your not looking into the sphere. I tried merge edge kinda stuff, but it dont do any thing.

# 2 20-01-2003 , 04:40 AM
One way would be to select all the outer edges (where you cut) and go to edit polygons --> fill hole.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 20-01-2003 , 04:49 AM
um. got a wierd result due to my wierd shaped object. It made a face from every edge to fill the hole, filling the object with faces.

user added image
They are not individual faces, so i cant just delete them. and as you see, they poke out of the outer shell of my objecty, (a wing)

Last edited by Ultragames; 20-01-2003 at 04:56 AM.
# 4 20-01-2003 , 05:09 AM
I can't really tell what's going on from your picture. Maybe if you posted a shot of the wireframe with shading before you filled hole. Also, maybe re-think how you are building your wing....is it a bird wing or an airplane wing? If it's an airplane wing, just start with a cube and extrude faces.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."