Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-11-2006 , 05:07 PM

Polyshell probleme

Hi, i have a little probleme that happens often while working on a sub-D object, sometimes, when i switch from polygon to standard, the polyshell is still visible... but when i convert the object to a polygon, the polymesh dont stay as it would if it was in polygon mode before converting the object. So, is it a bug graphic, or im doing something wrong?

Here is an image of my sub-D object in standard mode with the polyshell still on: https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...Snow/polyP.jpg

Last edited by NightFallSnow; 14-11-2006 at 05:31 PM.
# 2 14-11-2006 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber
dud i have had this problem so many time an i dont know how to fix
i always either delete it an start again or revert to a save veron with ut the prob

i find that it mainly occurs wen u conver to sub d to chck then do undo reather than convert to poly

i would also like to know a proper solution too

thx

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 14-11-2006 , 05:12 PM
try ctrl+`, that should toggle the poly shell display between one, the other, and both. (the key next to the 1 button, with the ~ on top)

at least that's what maya says it does *shrug*

Accept no substitutions.