Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 19-04-2015 , 08:37 PM

What is the best batch rendering format to AE?

I just have got an error from IFF in AE.
After Effects error: Photoshop file format error 1. (45::35)???

Finally, I figured out it was not because of plug-in cc particle as I googled but IFF files.
It was not a problem at the beginning of composition, but after half way of my project(added lots of VFX)
, then it obstructed me from continue doing my work.

So TIFF,TGA and png(don't see in other forum, but want to know why?) which is the best format?

my project is an iron man trailer-like.

Any advice will be appreciated user added image

Thanks
Zeus

Last edited by zeusz7; 19-04-2015 at 08:41 PM.
# 2 20-04-2015 , 01:03 AM
Super Moderator
The "best" format would depend on your needs. What your system and software can handle and what are the necessary or likely effects that will be added in post. If you're not doing heavy color edits or don't have the system resources then 8bit .tif should be fine.

Personally, I prefer 32bit .exr. When the pixel value range isn't clamped between 0 and 1, it makes for more flexible source material (better looking blurs, color corrections etc). The files can get quite large and some programs slow down more than others when working with them so then there is the issue of even having the time.

- Genny