Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 03-09-2005 , 03:53 PM
Hey, midion, thanks for fighting for us here at home! Its people like you, and Nurb Herder, and McHannon, who are in the marines, navy, intelligence.. etc. that keep us safe. Sorry to hear about Digital Tutors. They sound crappy now. I was planning on buying some DVD's from there, but,whoop-de-doo, suddenly I feel as though thats a bad idea. Simply Maya rules, yo!

Cheers, user added image
,Matt user added image

# 17 03-09-2005 , 09:58 PM
"keep us safe.... " lol user added image sorry I just find that ironically funny user added image

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB

# 18 04-09-2005 , 02:23 PM
Yeah well.. I had to say something comlimenting :p

Cheers, user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image
.Mmmat :lian: user added image :illain: [hic] ::aaa: :lien:

# 19 05-09-2005 , 08:35 AM
Subscriber
lol, thnx

# 20 05-01-2013 , 02:26 PM
I totally agree with a lot of the statements made here about Digital tutors . I was a moderator there for almost 14 months . I was even offered a job there , but because i was already working else where . i had to turn the offer down that's when the bullshit started .

Do you know they only have 5 key members making videos there only Maya oriented and 3 moderators that are like staff might fit with why they only make Maya videos over a lot of the other other software they have on there site .

the only reason they make you a moderator is because if you are working for them its a form of censorship , the only people that get made moderators there are the ones that are growing to fast for there beginer-ish videos that produce there.

After they finally banned me there after 2 years of not posting because i started helping people again , i took it as a breach of there contract and im no longer bound by there censorship policy .

One other thing if you ask for training there they sick there moderators onto you to try and brush the question you asked under the carpet , so you don show up there in ability to answer questions , or how pathetic there videos really are .

I still think the way papa got his Maya master award by using his forum community to elect him was the biggest joke of all time . Most people get the award because there good . Not because they exploit the system to be elected .

They try to get rid of members of there community on a rotational basis to keep people interested in there beginner tutorials .

I could write a bunch of stuff about the way they treat people that are not simple minded and can be easily swayed into there position of thinking on issues that arise .

Last edited by bravo2zero; 05-01-2013 at 02:55 PM.

# 21 06-01-2013 , 02:42 AM
Did you seriously just dig out a 8 yr old post? Btw it is "their" and not there.

# 22 06-01-2013 , 07:24 AM
SM Tea Boy
Hell of a first post. I'm going to close this thread. We're not big on member censorship round here in fact in 12 years I think I've shut down about 20 threads and banned less people than that. I hate doing it, we're a tutorial site for artists budding or otherwise. We're not here to tell people what they can or cannot say.

You're more than welcome to your opinion here, I'm simply closing this as it's eight years old and some of the opinions expressed may have changed over the years.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"

# 23 06-01-2013 , 07:28 AM
SM Tea Boy
lol awesome source I've done this so few times I can't find the close thread button. No one jump in and correct my hideous spelling while I'm looking for it please user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"