Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-04-2003 , 07:27 AM
Subscriber

Critter (out of Tournament#1)

Ok... this comes out of my entry in Round 1 at Tournament#1 in the Battle Arena. I learnded HEAPS during the competition and had stacks of fun at the same time.

I got knocked out by Pony (a worthy competitor user added image ) but I'm gonna still texture and rig my critter here in the WIP forum.

I won't re-post all the work I've done in this thread, but my progress up to this point can be found HERE.

Thanks for watching my work user added image .

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 2 24-04-2003 , 07:41 AM
Cool, I´ll be keeping an eye out on this thread. user added image

# 3 24-04-2003 , 07:44 AM
Subscriber
Hmmmm... now that I have the time I might go back a few steps and cut open his mouth before I do any more UV mapping. I'll see. But no more work until tomorrow.

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 4 24-04-2003 , 11:59 AM
Subscriber
haha cool jb
--
i plan to continue my character aswell i got a create idea user added image hope yours turns out well

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 5 24-04-2003 , 12:17 PM
Kevin
great JB!

you have a great attituse and this is exactly what the site is about! Ok... you lost the battle against Pony but it was a great model he done and would have been hard to beat by a lot of people .... and you did in fact learn loads!!

and this is great to see that you wil continue it here!

good man

# 6 17-05-2003 , 08:45 AM
Subscriber
I'm sorry that I haven't been able to do any further work yet guys. We've sold our house a while ago (now have to be out in less than a week) and I've been really busy packing up my stuff (around doing schoolwork as well) user added image . I'll be moving several thousand kilometres interstate... but I have to hang around here for 4 more weeks until I have completed this semester of school and my mid-year exams. During this period I technically won't have a 'home' (but i do have places where i will stay user added image ). After moving I probably won't be able to do any more work in Maya until around July user added image . But I do plan to continue on this peice of work still user added image !!

# 7 17-05-2003 , 09:09 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by -<{ JB }>-
I'm sorry that I haven't been able to do any further work yet but i do have places where i will stay user added image

good luck on moving. shall we all save up some bucks and give you a warm blanket for your new bridge you gonna sleep under? user added image