Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 121 03-05-2012 , 03:29 PM
The thin red line
Stwert I think I could do this one in about 3 days so I dont think its that hard, trouble with panzer 3 and 4 is there are so meny veriants only one of these............dave

Attached Images

# 122 03-05-2012 , 03:53 PM
Great community
Thanks mates user added imagedon't worry, I haven't found it like hijacking my thread, am pleased that you talk to each other even if not exactly about my tank....yea, the ideas mentioned above look pretty good, but it still takes me some time to end up with this one as that's my first greater project and I have been UVing just once, yet. However, I'll try to do my best. Well, thought it was dave who gave me the site which is full of refs of military vehicles. Here you go guys: https://svsm.org/gallery/armor

May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow.
# 123 03-05-2012 , 05:50 PM

Old farts you young wipper snapper.....LOL........a good little model would be a German "PzKpfw II Ausf L "Luchs" mainly straight edges see link, Rick thats tanks 40 years after WW2 that would give the germans a unfair advantage............dave

https://www.lonesentry.com/blog/pzkpf...f-l-luchs.html

haha oops I did not see when that flakpanzer went into service but I thought the Radar and whatever the front unit is looked a little modern.

Poor ally aircraft modelers will be in trouble and Pixal will rule the world with his fw-190! Hopefully he will be a kind overlord.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 124 03-05-2012 , 05:53 PM
EduSciVis-er
I decided to do one of the Panzer IVs (Ausf.F2) and started a thread. I am looking for a challenge, not expecting it to be easy. Still no anti-aircraft support for the Germans... maybe someone else can take that.

# 125 03-05-2012 , 06:14 PM
The thin red line
I have thought of modelling the 20mm AA gun witch I do like the look of but its the lack of references of all the inner bits that puts me off...........dave

# 126 03-05-2012 , 06:28 PM
I hear you dave I hate having to make stuff up because I cannot see the details accurately. I am still struggling with the main gear geometry on my F8F. My current work around is just make two poses down and up and not worry about animating the transition; but my OCD prohibits me from taking that route. (lol)

I'll get back to it though as I want to texture and composite this one.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 127 03-05-2012 , 08:36 PM
Great community
dave, write to me please how did you make tracks, would you ?

May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow.
# 128 04-05-2012 , 03:18 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL looks like a lack of refs is going to be a bummer. I will see what I can find in my magic bag gents (stwert).....

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 129 04-05-2012 , 06:29 AM
Great community
Well, bullet I got track cell already done, what I am asking about is how to extrude them around the wheels and make a physics on them...

# 130 04-05-2012 , 06:38 AM
Lifetime Member

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 131 04-05-2012 , 08:10 AM
The thin red line
First thing you need to know is how meny links it takes to go around one side of the track (I did have to count them round on one model I did) look up spec on the net that might tell you.Create a nurb circle with as meny control points you need then scale and move to match where you think the track will go

Edit:sorry Im doing it this way but I have not use the tut capture stuff for so long It would take me a day to get back into it

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by daverave; 04-05-2012 at 08:20 AM.
# 132 04-05-2012 , 03:19 PM
looks good Dave. For clarity of where the edit points in the cv curve is you might want to turn on edit point on nurbs curves under nurbs in the preferences for new curves for all curves or display / nurbs / edit points for selected curves.

It put a small X at each edit point in the curve. I like to have them on by default so I can see the edit point distribution in all my curves. The edit points are on the curve but give a good indication of how the cv's are also distributed.

As you can see the two curves below are identical but have significantly different EP distributions. So with this option on I can see at a glance the distribution of EP's and CV's.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by ctbram; 04-05-2012 at 03:41 PM.
# 133 04-05-2012 , 03:34 PM
The thin red line
Thanks Rick will look at that, I need about 10 minutes of free time to do a recording just brought a microphone for the job...........dave

# 134 04-05-2012 , 06:07 PM
The thin red line

Last edited by daverave; 04-05-2012 at 06:14 PM.
# 135 04-05-2012 , 09:11 PM
I agree the audio is bad. I have volume maxed in windows and photobucket player and cannot hear anything but clicks and pops.

Also, the photobucket player is denying me the ability to scrub the timeline. So if I want to scroll back 5 seconds I have to start the entire video over from the start.

I just captured the video and can play it locally, but you might want to create a youtube or vimeo account as their player client allows full control.

The content is outstanding though. Thank you taking the time to put it together Dave! user added image

ps - can't find the thumbs up or the applaud emoticon anymore. Has the list changed?