View Poll Results: Do you vote for Vectorman's final render or Lauriepriest's
Vectorman 7 87.50%
Lauriepriest 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 05-08-2003 , 09:21 AM
Subscriber
Starting to look decent

Attached Thumbnails

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 17 05-08-2003 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber
Looking good!

What resolution do you use on that monitor?

- S

Stefan Doverud
<a href="https://www.doverud.com/">www.doverud.com</a>
# 18 05-08-2003 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber
its the same resolution as my desktop, 1152x864, i don't know why it looks blurry tho!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 19 05-08-2003 , 06:29 PM
Subscriber
heres some wires against a mental ray render, wish i knew how to use it!

Attached Thumbnails

# 20 05-08-2003 , 06:31 PM
Subscriber
Okay and heres the wire of the monitor. BTW i remade the red pen, and completed it this time except for the spring in the tip of it, i'm not quite sure how to draw a perfect spring shaped curveuser added image

C&C time guys.

Attached Thumbnails

# 21 05-08-2003 , 06:36 PM
Simply Maya OG
Looks nice so far Vec. One thing on the monitor. It looks taller than it is wider. But maybe its just my horrible eyes. I noticed the texture on top of the desk is abit stretched/blurry. Again, could be my eyes, heh. user added image Im liking the keyboard tho.

- Hybrid
# 22 05-08-2003 , 08:53 PM
Subscriber
Good stuff, just make the monitor 4:3 in aspect ratio, it looks a bit too tall right now. .)

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 23 06-08-2003 , 06:08 PM
Subscriber
Okay guys here the new monitor, with a tweak or two, and a bit more texture.

Attached Images

# 24 06-08-2003 , 06:16 PM
Monitors are based on a 4:3 ratio, usually.

# 25 07-08-2003 , 11:10 AM
woot at last, i have a day i can do somthing on this, i have had no chance until now.. did my monitor in around 45mins... here is what i have so far, the shader is almost compleate, just got to set out UV's convert the procedurals to images and add logos and stuff. but thats once i have finished modeling everything else user added image looking good vector man, i am quite proud of this, what do you guys think:

Attached Thumbnails

FX supervisor - double negative
# 26 07-08-2003 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber
The geometry looks good! What you might want to do is do a "edit polygons -> normals -> set to face" and then "edit polygons -> normals -> soften/harden" with a good (experiment) value. That should clean up the normals a bit. Good luck.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 27 07-08-2003 , 02:07 PM
yeh that was just the last value i had on that tool so i just rushed it, thanks for that though i will try and smooth it, i will show some final gather renders soon too

FX supervisor - double negative
# 28 07-08-2003 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber
Okay, started on the speakers and mouse, i don't know what i'll be able to finish today. Today is the last day right??

Please tell me what yall think

Attached Thumbnails

# 29 07-08-2003 , 05:26 PM
Subscriber
I like the speakers, nice shape. The mouse looks a tad flat, but it's all coming together nicely.

# 30 07-08-2003 , 05:27 PM
Subscriber
Thanx witchy, its not really a mouse yet, just a mouse shaped blob. I'm kinda having a block with it. The intellimouse is a bit hard.

One more wire

Attached Thumbnails