Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-05-2004 , 02:44 AM
Subscriber

Auschwitz II

This would be the beginning of the entrance of the camp. Im doing this for an art contest for school, and also for a history project user added image

[edited by mods]

# 2 18-05-2004 , 05:50 AM
Subscriber
Nice start, a little dark though....

and by the way, please next time limit your pictures to 640x480

Thanks
-Emo

# 3 18-05-2004 , 10:00 AM
Subscriber

Re: Auschwitz II

Originally posted by Immortal1490
This would be the beginning of the entrance of the camp. Im doing this for an art contest for school, and also for a history project user added image

good start. I *know* you're gonna texture the fence! I did notice that some of the wires on the fence aren't attached to the fence posts properly. Some of them have their ends resting outside of those little posts while others aren't centered properly inside those little posts.

You can teach to ignorance, but you have to slap out stupidity.
# 4 18-05-2004 , 04:19 PM
Yeah, great start...keep it up.

-------------------------------------------
# 5 18-05-2004 , 05:57 PM
Great start to the entrance, shall we look forward to some Guard towers, some SS Troopers gaurding the entrance user added image heheh j/k. But the detail is very cool, just keep refining it, add a bit of rust to those wires, and keep an eye out for all the small details and you'll do great!.

# 6 18-05-2004 , 08:48 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Wot no image!!! How big was the image???

# 7 18-05-2004 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
srry about that before, still working on textures for the fence, and havent started on the main gate (although that will prolly be the most important to get right). Already finished modeling the bunkbed and thx to many helpful peeps, i have the blueprints of the gas chambers to model next.

BTW, thx for crits, i did fix that wire problem where it wasnt meeting the "rod deally" user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 18-05-2004 , 10:44 PM
Subscriber
user added image
Basic reference to where i got the gate ideas... that however is Auschwitz I, not Berkinau, but apparently the gates were similar

https://acro.harvard.edu/GEI/images/C...2_1149x794.jpg

And apparently, unless those were restored... i misguessed the texture by a lot lol.

# 9 19-05-2004 , 10:46 AM
It`s sad to see place where your grandfather was reserved!! But he get trouth that a live!! Nice start cep it modeling!! That link with picture is make me a bit furious!! will you make animation where its burning??

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 10 19-05-2004 , 09:42 PM
Subscriber
Not sure what u ment when u said "Nice start cep it modeling"

# 11 19-05-2004 , 09:49 PM
well awas a bit confused at moment, is that finished scen??

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

# 12 20-05-2004 , 07:21 PM
Subscriber
nope

# 13 21-05-2004 , 08:59 AM
Than what is there to not be understended??? That cous i dont like that place and name of it cos it was horible place dont mean that you should not modele it and there is no reason wuy i should not sey that its nice start!! Sorry for bad English I am from Serbia !!