Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-05-2008 , 07:16 PM

My lamborgini

My lambo isnt very good. my modeling technique is different than anyones. I just model to the shape of the car not caring the about poly count. So if anyone can give me some pointers on car modeling, or CG if maybe one of your next tutorials can be on car modeling, that would help big time. but if anyone can help me, anyone, i would appreciate it.

Now i know im not far into this project but i wanted to get advice and tips on how to model this before i got to far into it.

Attached Thumbnails

BEEF
# 2 06-05-2008 , 10:14 PM
Super Moderator
There are car modeling tuts all over the place, I don't know if SimplyMaya made any, though I've seen a few car WIPS here. As far as actual tutorials, I know Digital Tutors and Gnomon have them.

- Genny
# 3 07-05-2008 , 02:00 AM

# 4 07-05-2008 , 03:57 AM
Acid44

# 5 07-05-2008 , 10:32 AM
hey guys thanks for the replies. now how would i box model the main shape first than add more detail??

BEEF