Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 01-12-2003 , 04:26 AM

couple questions from a noob maya user

Ive been playin around with maya 5 for a little while, but now im lookin to get more serious. I was wondering if anyone recommends any books for maya. Also, since Ill be lookin around for colleges pretty soon, what should I look for in 3d programs. If anyone knows of good schools in Illinois or around ther, that would also help.
Thanks
-cacho-

# 2 01-12-2003 , 07:36 AM
One of the best Maya books out there today is Inside Maya 5. It's not exactly a cheap book ($60 retail, but only $35 on Amazon), but it is very thick, very thorough, and very good. It goes in-depth into most of the major elements of 3D production using Maya 5. Everything from the pros and cons of different modeling techniques to working with HyperShade to customizing the Maya UI is covered in the book. This is definitely not a beginner's book, so it helps have an understanding of basic Maya tools. The first section of the book goes into customizing the Maya working environment even before discussing any modeling techniques! At any rate, I highly recommend this book.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job