Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 04-07-2008 , 06:16 AM

Originally posted by The Architect

As for being able to tell the difference, I would set up a scene in PLE and Complete, making sure that the geometry and properties and all that is exactly the same, and then run a MD5 or a SHA512 on the file. Any differences would then become know, however slight. I would then compare the two files in one of those text file comparers to find out what is exactly different.

Between the PLE and Complete, bah just look at the file extensions, PLE .mp, Complete or unlim .ma or .mb, thats the whole point of the PLE it only outputs files the PLE can read!!

Hey Chris, I'll have a look if I get chance.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 32 04-07-2008 , 06:17 AM
Senior Software Developer
LOL anyone posing as another to lure someone breaking a law can be considered by most as Entrapment.

EULA's are usually strong enough to prosecute on as you agreed to it and then broke it then you are liable to prosecution. Laws are simple, its' lawyers, Barristers, QC's and Judges that make them difficult.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 33 04-07-2008 , 06:23 AM

Originally posted by gster123
Between the PLE and Complete, bah just look at the file extensions, PLE .mp, Complete or unlim .ma or .mb, thats the whole point of the PLE it only outputs files the PLE can read!!

Hey Chris, I'll have a look if I get chance.

Oops! I meant the student version and the commercial versions.

@ R@nSiD

Laws are not simple! You have entire books with thousands of sections, sub-sections, paragraphs, sentences, words, letters, drops of ink forming words when viewed through a microscrope! user added image

I actually wonder why people want to become lawyers... Is it becuase of Boston Legal, the money or they actually like to memorise all the obscure acts and bills all that dating back to 1600 or something???

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 34 04-07-2008 , 06:28 AM

I actually wonder why people want to become lawyers... Is it becuase of Boston Legal, the money or they actually like to memorise all the obscure acts and bills all that dating back to 1600 or something???

To uphold the rights of hundreds of years of learning and civilisation in a educated manner and for the continued recognisation of rights to interlectual, physical and mental property!

Heck I dont know, just made that up LOL!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 35 04-07-2008 , 06:38 AM

Originally posted by gster123
To uphold the rights of hundreds of years of learning and civilisation in a educated manner and for the continued recognisation of rights to interlectual, physical and mental property!

Heck I dont know, just made that up LOL!

:lmao:

# 36 04-07-2008 , 09:13 AM
Laws are simple, having been a Police Officer for 11 years mate (no longer one now tho).

Laws are passed by Commons or by a Bill in the US, and they become LAW. If you choose to ignore the law you break it, and u are prosecuted. Simple....

Laws are simple. and as I said Lawyers and the such are the ones who turn it into the over complex beast. Id say drown the lot of them, but you would probably end up damaging some really nice suits

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
# 37 04-07-2008 , 09:18 AM
Subscriber
That's why you take the suits away from them first user added image

# 38 04-07-2008 , 09:22 AM

Originally posted by R@nSiD
Laws are simple, having been a Police Officer for 11 years mate (no longer one now tho).

Laws are passed by Commons or by a Bill in the US, and they become LAW. If you choose to ignore the law you break it, and u are prosecuted. Simple....

Laws are simple. and as I said Lawyers and the such are the ones who turn it into the over complex beast. Id say drown the lot of them, but you would probably end up damaging some really nice suits

Well from memory, The Register had a few articles a few weeks ago about this new law/bill about raiding peoples houses for "extreme" pr0n. If I can remember the controversy about this, it was becuase what constitues as "extreme" was not defined, so technically you could get arrested for having a photo of a woman, showing her *gasp* heels, if the person who decides who to charge with a crime (would that be the prosecutor?) happens to be one of those crazy nutters who covers his eyes when the evening news shows a report where the reporter is a woman.

Last edited by The Architect; 04-07-2008 at 11:37 AM.
# 39 04-07-2008 , 09:35 AM
Subscriber

if some crazy nutter who covers his eyes when the evening news shows a report where the reporter is a woman happens to be the person who decides who to charge (would that be the prosecutor?)

i'm lost...user added image

# 40 04-07-2008 , 11:39 AM

Originally posted by Chirone
i'm lost...user added image

Apologies for my horribly constructed sentence. I've revised my earlier post, so feel free to take a look.

I blame it on the beer:

user added image

# 41 04-07-2008 , 02:21 PM
mmmmmmm beeeeerrr

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 42 05-07-2008 , 07:16 AM
Subscriber

Apologies for my horribly constructed sentence. I've revised my earlier post, so feel free to take a look.

I blame it on the beer:

user added image

oh right, i get you now... i'm not going to respond in that case since i know naught about law :p

# 43 05-07-2008 , 03:22 PM
haha, you can't ban extreme pr0n, and why would you?
Laws like that make no sense to me, it doesn't hurt anyone (except maybe the people IN the video user added image), and they did it by choice anyway. Laws nowadays are getting ridiculous. I think George Orwell was probably correct with his book "1984", just about 30 years off (meaning year 2014, or something) I think that being watched all the time will probably be the norm, i hope not, but i think it will.

Sorry if NONE of that makes sense... i just woke up user added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 44 05-07-2008 , 04:30 PM
MORNIN'

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 45 05-07-2008 , 06:21 PM
that was actually at like 1:45 here.... i sleep late during the summer months. user added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com