Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-04-2003 , 05:10 AM
Subscriber

Ninja Fighter

Well organic modelling is not my best, so I've been trying to practice the human body. This character I'm making is a "fighter" character, his face with be clothed like a ninja, only his eyes will be revealed. And then either pants or those samurai like dresses. Here's a few pics, let me know what you think.

# 2 03-04-2003 , 05:12 AM
Subscriber
Another

# 3 03-04-2003 , 05:28 AM
Great start !!!

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 4 03-04-2003 , 06:45 AM
Subscriber
Hey, this is really looking nice! I just suggest raising the nipples on the guy and his whole chest area alltogether, just a bit higher, more level with his armpits. I know its a WIP though, but so far, great job! and, BTW, i like the mask.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 5 03-04-2003 , 08:38 AM
Subscriber
M is right about the chest area, but I'd also get rid of the seem in his lower arm and even out the skin between the thumb and index finger. It looks a bit folded.

Very good mask btw!

Also there's this site that has a lot of free 3d models, including a ninja. If you don't know it, I'll upload the scene for you.

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>
# 6 03-04-2003 , 08:50 AM
Kevin
good start mate!!

one thing - is he not supposed to have another finger? or is he like a toon character

# 7 03-04-2003 , 09:36 AM
Very nice! But it looks a little thin. Can u make him stronger and give him a sword in hand. user added image Keep it up!

# 8 03-04-2003 , 08:08 PM
Simply Maya OG
Hm...interesting. Only 4 fingers. Good job tho so far. Heh, better than my organic modeling :p

- Hybrid
# 9 04-04-2003 , 04:50 AM
lookes a litle too flat in the midsection.. even if hes tones its too.. flat..

but im sure you see it and its only a WIP.

# 10 04-04-2003 , 04:53 PM
Subscriber
Thanx for all the insight, yah I know about the 4 fingers, I was starting the character (cartoony) as my first animation project and I didn't want too many bones in the hand cause its all new to me. Well I can easily add an extra finger. And with the chest, yah I haven't put any real muscles in his stomach yet, I wanted to pass these images past you first before I continued.