Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 04-04-2006 , 11:02 PM

Mental Ray = Gone

MentalRay has dissapeared as a render option. How exactly do I get it back? I know I managed to fix it some other time, but I can't figure it out now. I tried searching these forums, but to no avail.

Help!

# 2 04-04-2006 , 11:15 PM
windows>plug-in manager> check the MayatoMR loaded and autoloaded boxes

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 05-04-2006 , 10:37 PM
I've also had this problem. The explanation MattMan gave was correct, but sometimes it doesn't register with Maya, I don't know. I find myself frequently having to keep turning it on, it's as if it doesn't save the autoload settings. :l

# 4 06-04-2006 , 01:19 PM
Subscriber
if ur maya crashes, it wont save the settings...after i activate a plug-in i close maya and then reopen it...that way i know the settings have been saved.

# 5 10-04-2006 , 09:26 AM
Bear in mind also that the Maya Settings in your user area (my documents->wherever you put them

will override the ones in the maya directory.