Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 26-12-2008 , 05:25 PM
Hey there Perfecto.

I can see a lot of squash and stretch in this one. as for getting it 100% so to speak, have a think about the styles that your after, I pixar sort of feel should do the job nicely. It would also give you a bit of leway on the sprays etc.

Hammer, theres been many attempts at getting a colabrative prject going but, unfortunantly they never bear any fruit.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 17 27-12-2008 , 02:04 AM
Thanks gster, excellent advice m8

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 18 27-12-2008 , 05:32 AM
Ok, I've given it alot of thought...TONS of thought. I've asked myself exactly why I'm doing this project and what I hope to achieve. I want to create a top notch animation for the purpose of learning how to animate.

So, it doesn't really matter who models or who does lighting or texturing or even some of the special effects, etc. So inviting you guys to take part sounds like a good idea after all. A collaboration has it's advantages and I'm sure I will learn things that I wouldn't learn otherwise. So...before I change my mind,

THIS IS NOW AN OPEN INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE!

I will probably be somewhat picky about how things look, but in a good friendly way user added image and only to ensure the finished product looks acceptable. No need to volunteer now unless you want to. You can wait and volunteer at certain stages in the production.

P.S. I have a full time job, and in my free time, I'm helpin to design and create a video game. Plus I have a wife and a 6 year old son to spend time with. So I will only be spending about 2-3 hours each day on this project (M-T) and probably 4-8 hours each day the rest of the week.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 10-08-2011 at 02:41 PM.
# 19 27-12-2008 , 05:48 AM
I've spent several hours researching how to plan for this as well as continuing to work on the script. I'm no expert but here's my plan so far.

Pre-Production
1. Script
2. Concept sketches
3. Create two lists based on the script and the concept sketches.
a. List of EVERY object that will exist in the production
b. List of EVERY event that will exist in the production.
4. Storyboard
5. Very low rez blocking of animation, nothing fancy. This will help for figuring out timing, camera movements, etc.

Production
6. List of requirements like Maya, Photoshop, plug-ins, ncloth, etc. Basically do we have everything we need to put the production together.
7. Assign tasks like objects to be modeled or events to be created/developed
8. Texturing
9. Lighting
10. Animation
11. Put it all together
12. Rendering

Post-Production
13. Editing
14. Compositing

This list may change as I do more research but this is what I have so far. Any thoughts, ideas, etc are welcome. I have no experience in this so I'm all ears.

Exceed Expectations!
# 20 27-12-2008 , 06:45 PM
Subscriber