Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-04-2003 , 02:54 PM

Maya.env

I need to relocate the the save directory for the temporary files in Maya, and I know that I need to use a Maya.env file. But, what code do I need to use to relocate the temp files to something like C:\Mayatemp\ and what code do I need to put into the file to make Maya read the file from C:\Documents and Settings\(my profile)\?

-Thank you for your help.

-I swear it was like that when I got here-
# 2 04-04-2003 , 03:27 PM
Subscriber
When you are setting up a project, you can define where evrything will be saved...

you can choose the defult location or like you want, you can pick a place

-Emo

# 3 04-04-2003 , 03:42 PM
Well, the problem is that every time I open the attribute editor box, I get an error about being unable to save the temp file, and I need to fix this.

-I swear it was like that when I got here-
# 4 12-04-2003 , 09:23 PM
Open up the Maya help files and look for information on the Maya.env file. There are some variable settings you can change to fix it. I can't remember what it specifically is at the moment.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job