Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-06-2005 , 01:53 PM

City

Beginning stages of a nice urban city landscape. This simple thing actually took a few hours. Geeeez!

This is the image that was deleted because of it's size.

Thanks Peltra for the link. I will look at it today.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-06-2005 , 02:23 PM
The Maya Mountain
Looking cool so far. user added image

# 3 05-06-2005 , 08:10 PM
Thanks Mike. I intend to add texture, water, sky and streets in the near future.

Really enjoyed your book!

# 4 06-06-2005 , 02:20 AM
Subscriber
Is there a reason for missing windows in some of the buildings? I would guess it would be to simulate lighting, but that could be done with textures and lights. Just curious.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 5 06-06-2005 , 05:45 AM
Good job on the city there Gstapleton. Are you going to bring it to life by putting cars and what-not in there and then having a camera flythrough? Hehe, that would be pretty cool user added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 6 06-06-2005 , 02:48 PM
Hello everyone,

Well "mhcannon", the reason for the open window areas are just to give me a visual representaion of what I want the buildings to look like before I really start to add the final touches to it. If you notice it almost appears to look like a clay model. I will be adding more detail, texturing and lighting to the scene to really bring the buildings out. Also there will be more buildings added and a bridge. The original layout was much more vast in size but I got so tired of adding and duplicating buildings that I just moved them together.

Oh yeah "Shadeblade", I think a flythrough will be a must. I really like how movies like Batman and Spiderman have great flythrough shots of the city.

Here is a different angle of the city

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 06-06-2005 , 08:53 PM
Technical Director
Hey. You get my script working? You need to put it into a button on your shelf it create more than one.

Hope it helps!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 8 06-06-2005 , 10:42 PM
Just installed the script Peltra. Pretty cool. I could have used this a few days ago! user added image

I will definitely use it when I add more buildings to this project. When it's done I will definitely give you credit. Thanks!