Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-01-2006 , 10:59 AM
Subscriber

Another SubD problem

I am following Kurt's tut on the Centaur modelling and am having serious problems when trying to SubD. When I select Convert>Poly to SubD I get the message something like "Cannot find element SubD18" but it still converts the poly anyway but the result is a whole bunch of circles not attached. I presume this has something to do with my next question.

Previous to this problem I had been flicking between poly and SubD mode no problem, now for some strange reason the model appears to be almost 'duplicated' inside itself. Let me explain, when I select a vertex and move it, it moves itself but there is another in its place still. Now even when I select the area and merge verts with the distance high I still have the same problem. I have cleaned up the geometry and tried and still appear to be in the same 'boat'. Any ideas other than to start from scratch?

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 13-01-2006 , 09:37 PM
Yeah, this does tend to happen, and there was a thread not too long ago describing and solving this problem. Sorry, i dont remember how to do it, but as I said, this tends to happen.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 13-01-2006 , 10:55 PM
Subscriber
this is a problem i have come across as well
wen i solved it i found that i had verts with no edges or that wen i had combined i had missed a fw vwert wen merging so go to poly mode and merge them or delete if neccessary but b careful as u can do more harm than good if u rush

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973