Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 31 02-03-2006 , 11:06 PM
ok guys this is were im at, thanks for all the support, i used the ramp, which definatly adds to the model to look more 3d, however i wos struggling to get the brightness n contrast i wonted so i put the eccentricity to about 3 and took the spec roll off right down to give and also added a bit of glow like magicsy suggested, which brought the white out a bit more, I also used thePFX for clouds to create a fog effect were all the tenticles join the shell, cos i thought this looked kinda cool + i have no idea what is really there, i still have to add in some detail were the tenticles join (orange circle kinda things).
I also redid all the tenticles any applied some forces on em to make em flow up and around like the referece pic rather than down.
Also added a bit more detial in the shell. i saw some sort of spine in the ref pic n also some feathers comin down from the arches inside the shell. also some random twists n stray tenticles.
Im just gonna keep on workin on it and working so all c&c would be good, and helpful.

Attached Thumbnails
# 32 02-03-2006 , 11:29 PM
Subscriber
WoW! very impressive! Good progress!user added image

# 33 02-03-2006 , 11:32 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah I used a blinn, for the Jelly thang. With the spec color to halfway and the eccentricty about half way and the rolloff at Max.

I fed the ramp back thru the incandescance, and put glow to about .300

Try making the colors on the ramp more contrasty too that will help

Jay

# 34 03-03-2006 , 01:12 AM
This is really nice, I can literally feel the electricity user added image

# 35 03-03-2006 , 02:54 AM
Subscriber
when i seen this thread in its early stages at the first post, looking at that reference picture, i gotta admit i was saying to myself "good luck dude, you're way outta your league" but now i see how the progress has made and im quite impressed you were able to get it as close as you did.

my hat is off to you

First year 3D Grad
# 36 03-03-2006 , 09:55 AM
hehe thanks guys, ill try using those settings u used jay see what they look like, i fed the ramp through the ambient colour thats prolly why i got different results.
I prolly wont be able to get as much work done over the weekend, hopefully on sunday i will have some time.

# 37 03-03-2006 , 06:27 PM
Really nice progress!

Next you'll have to do a peanut butter fish to swim along with him!

# 38 05-03-2006 , 01:26 AM
Yeah - this is looking really good - well done jhubbard!