Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-05-2003 , 04:56 PM

Acts of kindness

If you had an unheard of amount of money, say... not super huge but large enough that you could do near anything... like user added image 33 million dollars (us currency). What would you do with it? Would you throw a huge party? buy a small island? Overthrow a government? Upto youuser added image, im justa little currious to know how creative/generous you people are.

# 2 27-05-2003 , 07:00 PM
HAM....HAM.....HAM.....HAM.....user added image

I'd buy a few cars like Aston Martins, Jaguars, Fords, BMWs, Mercs, Farrraries - sp?, TVR's, Lambo's...etc

Then buy some luxuries like every dvd, cd and video games i every wanted.

Buy some big houses around the world; buy a company or start one; go on in holiday with all my mates; gives some money to my mates/charity.

And finally invest a few milllion for the future.

How's that sound....? (i'm sure there alot more this i cant thing off)

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 3 27-05-2003 , 07:04 PM
No...i changed my mined. I'll use it all to created a real life Matrix for world domination......MMMMUUUUUUHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 4 27-05-2003 , 08:35 PM
Simply Maya OG
Buy me a car, a house, pay off all my parents bills, pay off all my bills. Buy my parents a house, and a car. Buy my sister a car, and my brother a car. Buy like, alot of land, and build me a skatepark and a few other things. user added image Although...thatll prolly be over 33 mil. user added image

- Hybrid
# 5 27-05-2003 , 10:45 PM
I'd buy the worlds fastest computer, and just use it to play solitareuser added image hehe... j/k

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 6 27-05-2003 , 11:27 PM
LOL at Rage! user added image

# 7 27-05-2003 , 11:32 PM
The Maya Mountain
Put 90% in the bank and live off the interest. Use the rest to fund my own studio. user added image

# 8 27-05-2003 , 11:35 PM
Simply Maya OG
...I like Mikes idea. user added image

- Hybrid
# 9 27-05-2003 , 11:40 PM
Dittouser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 10 27-05-2003 , 11:56 PM
Not me. I'd just spend my time laughing at Rage. user added image

j/k

I don't know what I'd do really. I've always had this grand idea of forming a school, completely free to all who attend. Only stipulation would be you would agree to spend at least 2 years teaching/working at the school once you finished it. I figured there could be people farming/agriculture, and working at the campus all the time. Free housing could be built, etc... by the students as a part time job to help keep the school running. I figure that with enough investment, maybe the school could keep itself running for a long long time. I feel that schools today charge way too much money for an education. $100,000+ is totally uncalled for, there is no way I'd spend that kind of money just to start out at a job making $40,000.

Anyway, just a thought. I'd also pay off all my family's bills. Debt is not a good thing. user added image

# 11 28-05-2003 , 01:41 AM
LOL!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 12 28-05-2003 , 04:11 AM
^
^
I like his plan. i had an idea along those lines too.

Some of my plans:

Buy a car, house, pay off all my bills, ide buy my brother and sister new cars. And a new large family vehicule. Ide put lots in the bank. I would start a school.. almost a technical building.

It would be a large building with very good pc's. Anyone who wants to can teach a class thier and be paid for it, depending on thier abilities and the type of class. Ide make available almost any program neeeded. No matter the price.

i would loan for no cost, hi powered computers to some local school, schools are such an integral part of almost any field now a days... we are teaching the peopel who will use them most on some of the worst machinery.

Ide also fund come college programs non school related. you come to my business. ill talk with you personally, and decide if ill pay for your college. ill pay anything from giving you like. 1 grabd. to paying all of your educational needs... depending on your situation, arguement so on.

Its all about education.

# 13 28-05-2003 , 07:10 PM
Simply Maya OG
If you payed for EVERYONEs education for colledge, then everyones gonna want to go to your school. And eventually, you'd go broke, like 5 years down the road, from paying for everyone. ...Why dont you just make it free...?

- Hybrid
# 14 28-05-2003 , 07:18 PM
I would take a chance at everything I´ve been missing. Throw myself from a parachute, dive with some GreatWhites, make a year round world exploration, go every frigging where, more adventure tripping, Maybe even use 20 of those 33 million dollars to go up in space, I don´t know.
I surely won´t use it for educational purposes and all that shit, since after all, all I´m about to become -careerwise- have had to sweat it all along, meaning work work and more work, not eating a few of those days and more work.
Oh, would invest too, and make an art studio like Mike.

# 15 28-05-2003 , 07:22 PM
Subscriber
I'm with mike on this one. I would still keep my job.