Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-03-2004 , 03:00 PM

Maya and ArchiCAD???

Hi
I am studying for my masters degree in architecture at the moment, and after using Graphisoft's ArchiCad for 6 years now i have recently discovered the oppertunities afforded by progs such as maya with regards to organic building shapes etc...

Now most of my designs are produced using maya although it is sometimes useful to work in archicad.

Is there any way to export from maya into archicad or even better, to import an archicad file into maya? either as a complete scene or as individual objects?

I have tried importing archicad object files into maya but the .OBJ extension seems to be different for each platform.

it is possible to export a 3DSMAX file from archicad, could this be brought in as a scene?

many thanks

wook