Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 09-01-2003 , 06:29 AM

somethings wrong

lately for some reason my rotate guides arent coming up that well (or not at all)

also when working with vertexes if i click outside the working object it stays selected.. (or if i go to object mode the vertex mode stays up) same from edge to vertex..or edge to object..etc and vice versa.

any ideas?

# 2 09-01-2003 , 02:41 PM
Subscriber
i think maya gives you an evesment so you can stay selected on that object when you accidentally click elsewhere. just move farther away from the object.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 3 09-01-2003 , 11:05 PM
cheers..any idea about my rotate guides not coming up? its really annoying.. i can still move it but not exact..eg i move it sideways .809 when im tyrin to move it vertically..

# 4 10-01-2003 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by VAMP1Re
cheers..any idea about my rotate guides not coming up? its really annoying.. i can still move it but not exact..eg i move it sideways .809 when im tyrin to move it vertically..

when you click rotate try hitting the + key afterwards to see if it pops up. the + and - keys make the guide bigger or smaller. see if that helps.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 5 12-01-2003 , 01:41 AM
dleted my profile folder and nows its all ok..cheers anyway