Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 27-01-2013 , 03:51 PM
Having Fun!!!!

Quick Question

Hey everybody, I have a question on What is a N-sided face or a lamina face?? and how do I know if have one.

# 2 27-01-2013 , 05:56 PM
N-sided is a face that has more than four sides between the related verts. Lamina Faces are faces that share a same edge or a single vert improperly. A simple method to find this problem would be to navigate under the polygons menu to Mesh<Cleanup. Here you want to make sure that the cleanup matching polygons is UNchecked. Then check on the select matching polygons radio button. This will make sure Maya does't try to fix things for you which could cause additional issues. Then check which ever options below you wish to identify; for you I would select "Faces with more than four sides" option. Now just hit the cleanup button at the bottom of the dialog. Maya will now select all faces that fall under that category. You can use the other options if you are still experiencing mesh issues, just remember to leave cleanup matching polygons as unchecked.

# 3 27-01-2013 , 06:51 PM
Having Fun!!!!
Hey thanks Its's good to learn something everyday user added image I just saw they were talking about that in another post, another thing how do I know in which direction my faces are facing??

# 4 27-01-2013 , 07:23 PM
The thin red line
You can go to Display/ploygons/face normals or go to panel lighting and turn off "two sided lighting" polys that are facing the wrong way will look black..............dave

# 5 27-01-2013 , 11:15 PM
Having Fun!!!!
Thanks to both of you!!! user added image

# 6 08-02-2013 , 03:27 AM
Subscriber

N-sided is a face that has more than four sides between the related verts.

more than two sides between related vertices*

the n is just a number that can be 3 or more. user added image

You can switch the direction a face is facing by reversing the normal

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D