Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-12-2004 , 07:22 AM
Subscriber

problem with reference images

I am trying to get some reference images to show up on a poly plane, like Kurt teaches in his Tuts. I have used this method before, with line drawings that I scanned in and photoshopped. The ref image is mostly white (its a line drawing) but when I assign it to a 2d file texture and apply it to the plane, it hardware renders as a blank white plane. I dont know what I am doing diferently. Is it possible that the plane is showing me the wrong part of the drawing (i.e. zoomed in on a white spot) if so, how can I get my precious ref images to show up on the planes where they belong?
Do I need to bold my lines even more than they are?
Thanx!

Last edited by Elfhelm; 18-12-2004 at 07:24 AM.
# 2 18-12-2004 , 07:54 AM
Subscriber
when I try to make it an image plane in the view menu, the image is displayed as a black rectangle....
Curiouser and curiouser

# 3 18-12-2004 , 09:13 AM
Subscriber
I fixed it by taking a screanshot, then cropping it in photoshp. There must have been something funny with the scanned file.

# 4 23-12-2004 , 01:16 AM
I'm glad to hear that you fixed it.

-Jade Empire