Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 22-08-2014 , 04:16 PM

Autodesk Maya - Mental Ray - Baking Textures

Hello everyone and to the person that has the answer to my question. I have been using mental ray to render the scenes I have been modeling in Maya. After I have textured and laid all of my UVs out the correct way, I am ready to render. Using GI and FG I get really nice renders. You'd figure thats all right...? Well for my situation, I am trying to bake my textures for a game that I am creating. And every attempt I try when baking come out horrible overall... failing. I have image attached below of my scene rendered in perspective.

So to bring to you my question... what is the solution to get a good and accurate texture bake using mental ray?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-08-2014 , 04:50 PM
Lifetime Member
I have no idea how to help, but I do like to compliment you on creating this realistic render user added image

# 3 25-08-2014 , 03:18 PM
Thanks Richardvbr. By the way I figured it out. It looks amazing in Unreal Engine 4 with everything brought in from Maya 2015!

# 4 25-08-2014 , 04:00 PM
Lifetime Member
Good to hear. Can you show a screenshot?

Creativity is limitless
# 5 25-08-2014 , 04:26 PM
Here you go!

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images